Do you thrive in a fast-paced startup style environment? Do you enjoy working on a small innovative team that is passionate about helping people solve problems? Are you a critical thinker with a love for innovative and scrappy solutions who loves to roll up their sleeves? We are seeking an experienced and highly results-driven Vice President of Marketing to join our leadership team, and if that description resonates with you, you could be an excellent fit for our company.
This hybrid role of hands-on doer and leader will oversee the strategy, operational processes, reporting, and team building needed to drive growth and brand awareness for both our B2B and consumer facing businesses. This senior leadership role will report directly to our co-Founder and President, and is expected to provide thoughtful leadership and support to several functions, including growth/revenue marketing, partnerships, and brand/communications strategy. You should also play a significant role shaping the company’s strategic planning.
This is a senior executive level role, with commensurate responsibility and compensation. The anticipated salary range is $215,000 to $250,000 in addition to significant equity. Specific compensation will be determined based on your level of experience. We are a fully distributed team.
What You'll Do
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure that the Marketing department’s activities contribute to our company’s long-term success. You'll be a passionate advocate for your team and our customers. You will work closely with our Co-Founders and current team members to build a sustainable, scalable, repeatable engine of growth levers that will help drive point.me’s business through the next stages of the company. This role requires thought leadership and business partnership with the broader senior leadership team to drive performance, strategy and execution; we expect you to be a careful steward of the business and treat it as your own.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Team Building and Management
- Build, manage, and inspire a high-performing team of Marketing professionals
- Establish and communicate clear performance goals and objectives for the Marketing function and each team member
- Prioritize Marketing budget and deliver results according to company goals for user acquisition, B2B pipeline, strategic partnerships and brand
- Work closely with Data and Finance to improve attribution, forecast and report on ROI, and communicate results to leadership
- Forecast hiring needs for the Marketing department
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of the company’s objectives
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision-making and accountability
- Provide coaching and feedback that helps our employees meet and exceed their priorities and expectations, and create an environment for everyone to thrive
- Growth/Revenue Marketing
- Support our Director of Growth to lead and execute strategies for demand generation, customer acquisition, and click-to-cash conversion
- Develop and implement data-driven marketing campaigns to drive revenue growth
- Understand and improve point.me’s funnel and unlock additional opportunities to scale
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to optimize the sales funnel and improve customer conversion rates
- Utilize analytics and metrics to track and report on the performance of marketing initiatives
- Support partnerships team in building and nurturing relationships with new and current enterprise B2B partners
- Work with our Director of Partnerships to identify and develop new business opportunities through partnerships, co-brands, and other shared initiatives
- Ensure partnerships align with our growth and revenue objectives
- Brand/Communications Strategy
- Increase brand awareness through the development and implementation of a cohesive marketing plan for active monthly users and partners
- Provide guidance and ideas to organize effective marketing events
- Manage the company's public relations and analyst relations strategy
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry analysts, media outlets, and stakeholders
- Build and oversee the communications team, allowing for the creation of compelling and consistent content and messaging
What You Have
- Proven work experience as a VP of Marketing, Marketing Director or other senior role (ideally in a SaaS environment), with 10-15 years of Marketing experience
- Prior success in a scaling startup, preferably having led a Marketing function through from early to mid stage
- Demonstrated ability to manage a > $1 million dollar budget
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a high level of energy and unrelenting drive
- A track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Performance-oriented with an interest in taking ownership of situations
- Strong analytical skills, with a general understanding of the application of data, types of data, and collection requirements for data at each touchpoint of the journey for activation purposes
- Previous experience in tech companies serving both businesses and consumers is a significant advantage.
- Experience building comprehensive reporting and dashboards and driving data-driven optimization and investment decisions
- Proven experience in building and scaling high-performance teams.
- Strong background in demand generation, customer acquisition, and conversion optimization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including handling virtual meetings, basic presentations, and managing Slack chatter
- Demonstrated ability to manage an internal team, as well as demand generation and/or creative agencies
- Strong interest and knowledge of travel industry, airline industry and/or credit card loyalty programs
- A passion for building relationships with your team, other internal groups, and especially customers
- Flexibility - we’re growing and evolving and we’re looking for folks to grow and evolve with us
Here at point.me we’re devoted to bringing simplicity and clarity to a system that is intentionally opaque. And unlike traditional travel agencies, or even online booking services like Orbitz, Kayak, & Google, we don’t take a fee or commission from the airlines when someone books a flight.
Instead, point.me is on the side of our customers — we work directly for them! We’re an ally that uses our expertise and technology to ensure people travel better, and are never taken advantage of.
Our proprietary algorithm crawls the many hidden corners of the Internet, including those hard-to-search airline award websites to discover the clearest path to maximizing the value of loyalty and credit card points.
Benefits & perks
Join our growing team! Here at point.me we believe in taking care of our team, so that our team can take care of our customers. All employees are offered the following:
- Competitive salaries and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health care coverage
- A 100% distributed workforce, so you can contribute from wherever you prefer
- An open vacation policy, with a minimum of 15 days off each year
- Team trips and outings
Given the nature of our business, we anticipate that all team members will be traveling from time to time, including company trips and off-sites, or meeting with strategic partners. As such, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at point.me. We’ll ask you to send us a copy of your vaccination card in advance of your first day.
We respect the individual needs of employees and are an equal opportunity employer. Positions are remote, but you must be eligible to work in the United States.