Do you thrive in a fast-paced startup style environment? Do you enjoy working on a small team delivering rock-solid functionality and performance? We are looking for software engineers, and if that description resonates with you, you could be an excellent fit for our company.
Our technical team is made up of hard-working engineers that share a common interest in building a beautiful consumer website by developing sophisticated algorithms and highly available systems to offer best in class services to our customers. You will work closely with our Director of Engineering and other senior leaders to shepherd point.me's engineering operations across front end, back end, test, and devops functions. Above all, your work will impact the way rewards points are maximized, and help people travel better!
What You'll Do
- Interact directly with product owners to help turn use cases into solid engineering solutions
- Promote sound engineering practices, driving technical excellence and strategy while coaching the engineering team for success, and ensuring the engineering team stays focused on well-considered solutions at a sustainable pace
- Leverage individual strengths to build diverse teams, and help recruit diverse and highly skilled engineers who are the right overall fit for your team
- Cultivate professional growth by listening, highlighting awesomeness, and providing timely and honest feedback, including delivering twice-yearly performance reviews to the engineers in your charge and actively creating opportunities for personal and career advancement
- Lead and develop a group of 8-10 engineers, ensuring they have what they need to be successful, encouraging them to achieve their full potential, and watching out for over-commitment and burnout
- Participate in design discussions with key stakeholders at various levels
- Shepherd the full development life cycle, including design, documentation, coding, testing and production release
- Partner with engineering leadership to develop the engineering team’s approach to project management, and help in building those skills within the team
Who You Are
- Demonstrated ability to lead a software development team through a full cycle of multiple projects, ideally in a SaaS company
- Passionate learner, who is willing to adapt and change your perspective when collaborating with teammates who bring differing views, opinions, and perspectives and able to encourage these qualities in others
- Prior experience in a startup environment, and able to bring a critical eye to existing processes, and adjusting those processes as needed
- Proven ability to write and review code at the Senior Software Engineer level
- Experience architecting, documenting, implementing and operating large-scale, highly available applications in AWS cloud environment; preferably with Kubernetes
- An experienced software professional with at least 5 years of experience in Java Spring Boot software development using IntelliJ IDEA and AWS DevOps deployments to support e-commerce web applications
- A college graduate with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical field, with preference for CS, CpE, or EE
- A communicative person that values building strong relationships and even stronger teams
- Detail-oriented and well organized, able to explain complex topics in a clear way
- You care about quality and know what software engineering means in shipping high-quality code with timely delivery
- A self-motivated teammate with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Familiar with optimizing database structure and queries for growth
- A passion for technology and for developing robust, scalable, state of the art software systems
The point.me Tech Stack
- Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Node.js
- Microservices, REST APIs
- Docker, Postgresql, Cypress
- AWS - EC2, Kubernetes, S3, RDS, Lambda, VPC, IAM
- Figma, Storybook, Shortcut, Slack, Google Workspace
- Github, Github Actions, Gradle, IntelliJ IDEA
Here at point.me we’re devoted to bringing simplicity and clarity to a system that is intentionally opaque. And unlike traditional travel agencies, or even online booking services like Orbitz, Kayak, & Google, we don’t take a fee or commission from the airlines when someone books a flight.
Instead, point.me is on the side of our customers — we work directly for them! We’re an ally that uses our expertise and technology to ensure people travel better, and are never taken advantage of.
Our proprietary algorithm crawls the many hidden corners of the Internet, including those hard-to-search airline award websites to discover the clearest path to maximizing the value of loyalty and credit card points.
Benefits & perks
Join our growing team! Here at point.me we believe in taking care of our team, so that our team can take care of our customers. All employees are offered the following:
- Competitive salaries and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health care coverage, beginning with the first $1
- A 100% distributed workforce, so you can contribute from wherever you prefer
- An open vacation policy, with a minimum of 15 days off each year
- Team trips and outings
Given the nature of our business, we anticipate that all team members will be traveling from time to time, including company trips and off-sites, or meeting with strategic partners. As such, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at point.me. We’ll ask you to send us a copy of your vaccination card in advance of your first day.
The anticipated salary range is $153k to $190k; specific compensation will be determined based on your level of experience.
We respect the individual needs of employees and are an equal opportunity employer.