Do you thrive in a fast-paced startup style environment? Do you enjoy working on a small team delivering rock-solid functionality and performance? We are looking for software engineers, and if that description resonates with you, you could be an excellent fit for our company.
Our technical team is made up of hard-working engineers that share a common interest in building a beautiful consumer website by developing sophisticated algorithms and highly available systems to offer best in class services to our customers. You will help build the systems and algorithms that power our services, scale those systems for growth, and continuously improve our engineering practice. Above all, your work will impact the way rewards points are maximized, and help people travel better!
What You'll Do
- Spearhead development of frontend and backend test automation infrastructure
- Work with other members of the engineering team to identify test needs early in the development process, and highlight where designs increase test difficulty
- Design, implement, and maintain test automation infrastructure
- Design, implement, and maintain automated test suites
- Manually test the places where automation doesn’t yet reach
- Identify and triage system regressions
- Perform usability and exploratory testing, finding edge cases and unexpected interactions and recommending new avenues for test based on your discoveries
- Document results of tests for the software development team
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience
- Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance
Who You Are
- An experienced software test professional, familiar with the challenges of test and especially test automation
- Well-versed in working with single-page web applications, complex microservice-based systems, cloud-resident systems, and/or relational databases
- You have experience working with Selenium, Cypress, Artillery, and Robot Framework
- Experience testing and improving RESTful API’s
- A software professional with 5 or more years of experience in software development
- A college graduate with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical field, with preference for CS, CpE, or EE
- A communicative person that values building strong relationships and even stronger teams
- Detail-oriented and well organized, able to explain complex topics in a clear way
- Possess exceptional coding skills in Java, Node.js, and at least one other language (C++, Python, Golang, etc)
- You care about quality and know what software engineering means in shipping high-quality code
- A self-motivated teammate with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Well experienced in developing and executing automated unit, functional and integration tests
- Familiar with optimizing database structure and queries for growth
- A passion for technology and for developing robust, scalable, state of the art software systems
The point.me Tech Stack
- Next.js, Vercel, Node.js, Java (Spring Boot)
- Microservices, REST APIs
- Docker, Nginx, Postgresql
- AWS - EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, VPC, IAM
- Figma, Storybook, Shortcut, Slack, Google Workspace
- Gitlab, Github, Firebase, Gradle, Jib, IntelliJ IDEA
- Linux, Windows, Mac
Here at point.me we’re devoted to bringing simplicity and clarity to a system that is intentionally opaque. And unlike traditional travel agencies, or even online booking services like Orbitz, Kayak, & Google, we don’t take a fee or commission from the airlines when someone books a flight.
Instead, point.me is on the side of our customers — we work directly for them! We’re an ally that uses our expertise and technology to ensure people travel better, and are never taken advantage of.
Our proprietary algorithm crawls the many hidden corners of the Internet, including those hard-to-search airline award websites to discover the clearest path to maximizing the value of loyalty and credit card points.
Benefits & perks
Join our growing team! Here at point.me we believe in taking care of our team, so that our team can take care of our customers. All employees are offered the following:
- Competitive salaries and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health care coverage
- A 100% distributed workforce, so you can contribute from wherever you prefer
- An open vacation policy, with a minimum of 15 days off each year
- Team trips and outings
Given the nature of our business, we anticipate that all team members will be traveling from time to time, including company trips and off-sites, or meeting with strategic partners. As such, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at point.me. We’ll ask you to send us a copy of your vaccination card in advance of your first day.
We are hiring multiple candidates under this listing, ranging from Software Engineer II to Senior Engineers and Leads. The anticipated salary range is $105k to $190k; specific compensation will be determined based on your level of experience.
All candidates must be able to be employed in the United States, regardless of ultimate work location.
We respect the individual needs of employees and are an equal opportunity employer.